Kúkátónón Children’s African Dance Troupe has grown tremendously over the last several years. What began as an after-school program at Woodlawn School has grown to accommodate children from throughout the Portland Metro Area. There is no cost to participants, except for a modest $50 registration fee that is waived in special circumstances.
Our growth has brought:
- Increased demand by children to participate in our program,
- New efforts to expand service to our community’s youth through new classes and workshops, and
- Unmet requests for free or low-cost performances that would raise our children’s self esteem and confidence.
- Currently, it takes 100% of our current fundraising efforts, in grant writing and soliciting individual and business contributions and memberships, to cover our program expenses and modest administrative costs.
- The Kúkátónón Village Circle Membership Program is one of several steps we are taking so we can fully serve our community, and ensure the long-term sustainability of our organization and our program.
With your year-to-year, predictable, annual-level of financial support with other Kúkátónón Village Circle Members, we will know that a significant portion of our programs and operational expenses are covered and we will have the foundation on which we grow our future.